2014-09-13

Owls in autumn

Hello dear friends and followers,

I have not posted for quite a while, but now finally I have some finishes to show you. I am not the quickest of stitchers...

Due to the rainy weather here in Austria I managed to finish the owl cushion I have been working on during the last months, and here is the result:


It is a design from an old issue of The World of Cross Stitching and I have wanted to stitch this for years. Doesn't it sit pretty on my hubby's armchair?


We had a rather cold and wet August here and today it is raining cats and dogs. Perfect conditions for stitching, don't you think? I started my autumn stitching early and I am currently stitching my first ever Halloween project. We do not celebrate Halloween, but there are so many striking designs around for that season that I just had to give it a try.


It is a design from the latest Stoney Creek Magazine and I am stitching it on the fabric recommended, which is a striking hand-dyed 16 ct. aida. I am planning to put it into a black frame.

Well, back to needle and thread now, I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

Silvia

3 comments:

  1. WOW, your owl looks amazing, so striking and the cushion finish is perfect.
    I hope you enjoy your Halloween project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely owl finish - really cute.
    Your Halloween project looks great, the fabric looks perfect!
    Happy stitching (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable owl cushion!! Congrats, it looks lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete